Discovering how to make the best shatter is a fantastic way to elevate your cannabis opportunities and give your smoke sesh a new outlook on life. Any cannabis enthusiast who has tasted the intensity of dabs can attest to the dank sensation that comes with smoking them.
Honest Marijuana’s all-things-cannabis professionals have prepared the comprehensive guide in this blog to assist you understand how to create shatter quickly and comfortably, no matter what equipment you have available.
How To Make The Best Shatter At Home
As we start the process, a note of warning – The BHO (Butane Hash Oil) method is a dangerous one, and you should use extra caution when handling the solvents, particularly if you’re doing it inside. Ensure to follow the instructions for shattering and take the necessary precautions because no one wants their roof blown off.
1) Bud Shatter: How To Produce It
All you’ll need for this easy how-to-make-shatter lesson is some cured bud from your nearby dispensaries, as well as a few home — or easily-attainable — products.
- Your preferred ganja strain
- Iron that is flat
- Paper made with parchment
- (Puns are great!) Blanket or potholder
- Dab tools or razor knife
- Take around 2 grams of ganja and separate it.
- Cut the bud into four pieces, each weighing about 12 grams.
- Preheat the flat iron between about 300 and 330 degrees Fahrenheit. If you get the temperature too high, you’ll burn up a lot of the compounds you’re going to remove. You can’t get enough of the compounds you’re seeking to extract if you keep it too chilly.
- Cut a 12-inch-long piece of parchment paper from the package.
- Half-fold the parchment paper
- 12 gram of bud should be sandwiched in between parchment paper.
- To be secure, tuck the open edges together.
- Insert the parchment paper in the middle of the blades of the flat iron once it is heated enough.
- For three seconds, hold the flat iron firmly
- Take the parchment paper from the pan.
- The paper should be unfolded.
- A brownish stain will be visible around the bud. That’s rosin, or fluid break.
- Transfer the bud to a new location and hold for another 3 seconds.
- If there’s still room, lift the bud again and push for another 3 seconds.
- Leave it for a minute for the shatter to prevent sticking before removing the flat iron.
- Unravel the parchment paper and use the razor blade or dab tool to gather the shatter
2) Shatter With Kief: How To Make It
You probably didn’t realize that all you need is several unused knives and an iron to discover how to manufacture shatter.
If you’re not acquainted with kief, it’s the cylindrical structure at the base of the trichome — the resin buds of the marijuana plant that store THC, CBD, CBG, CBN, and other potent cannabinoids.
You’ll accumulate sufficient kief long to progress to another level and begin to build your own shatter. Here’s how to go about it.
- Paper made with parchment
- T-shirt or hand cloth
- Reduce the temperature of the iron to the lowest heat (no steam).
- Place the knife in a stack on the parchment paper’s upper section.
- Sprinkle out the knife and you’ll have a quarter-inch thick layer.
- Wrap the knife by folding the lower portion of the parchment paper over the upper section.
- You can bend the parchment a couple extra times to make a little bundle.
- Put the parchment paper on an iron-ready platform that will not dissolve or flame.
- Cover the parchment paper with a washcloth or t-shirt.
- Add three or four seconds of compression with the hot iron
- Retrieve the iron for three to four further seconds.
- Continue this process twenty times, switching the parchment paper each two times — three or four seconds on, three or four seconds off.
- To assess your development, scrape away the parchment paper.
- Proceed with steps 8 and 9 if more high temperatures are required.
- If it appears to be in good condition, switch off the iron and allow the shatter to cool before using.
3) Shatter With Alcohol: How To Make It
You’re not intending to use just any booze, either. You ‘ll use isopropyl alcohol that’s 99-100 percent pure! When you get too enthusiastic, it’s critical to note that isopropyl is not the same as any other type of alcohol you may have on hand, including high-proof brands like Everclear and Absinthe. You’ve been given fair warning. Now it’s time for the instructions.
- 2.5 g of your preferred ganja
- Container that pour properly and can withstand freezing and hot
- Isopropyl alcohol, 99-100 percent
- Screen made of metal mesh
- Coffee cups that haven’t been bleached
- Water that is extremely hot
- Reduce the amount of your bud to a fraction of its current length.
- Place the cannabis in a stove container and patch it for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Fahrenheit. This is not the same as decarboxylation.
- Place the cannabis and the glass of alcohol in the fridge for three to five hours once this is adequately dry.
- Please hold your horses.
- Soak the cannabis with enough cold alcohol to surround it by at least one inch.
- Squirt the mixture softly for 20 seconds.
- Strain the bud through a mesh screen to isolate it from the alcohol.
- Put the plant materials aside for now .
- Transfer the alcohol into a new container through an unwashed coffee filter.
- Compress the coffee filter as hard as you can to extract as much alcohol as necessary.
- Let the alcohol dry before proceeding. This can be accomplished in three ways:
- Set a coffee filter above the container and let it sit for a while.
- A hot water soak can also be used to speed up the procedure.
- If you’re eager (like us), place the water bath on the stove over moderate temperature until the liquid begins to evaporate. Help ensure the alcohol does not boil.
- Allow the remaining alcohol to cool before scraping the pieces out of the container.
- Put on parchment paper to store.
It’s All About Purity And Quality
You may have any strain you choose when you design and develop shatter at home, which is one of the numerous advantages.
You could use a strain with a high THC content. You can utilize a strain with a high CBD content. A landrace strain can also be used. It makes no difference to your shatter. It’s the purity and quality of the strain you have that counts.
We produce our plants on organic soil, free of chemicals and pesticides, just as Mother Nature made. We also trim our plants by hand to ensure that they are organic from the start. So, don’t opt for a lower-quality shatter.
You should come by best buds on the earth – Honest Marijuana buds — and enjoy cannabis and shatter the way they were designed to be experienced.